Lemon Saffron Chicken & Couscous
An elegant twist on the classic lemon chicken bake. This recipe needs just a few ingredients & a little time, but is show stopping.
For the chicken:
- 1 jar of Lemon Saffron Marmalade
- 4-5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric *
- 1 tsp cumin, crushed
- Salt & pepper to taste (start at 1tsp each)
- 2lbs organic chicken thighs & drums
- 1/4 lb feta cheese
- 3tbs chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3tbs chopped fresh basil
- Israeli couscous **
- Whisk together all ingredients (except chicken) in a bowl
- Add chicken to marinade (above mixture), coat throughly. Cover & refrigerate for 2 -6 hours
- Preheat oven to 375F, line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Basting on extra marinade as desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with Israeli / pearl couscous, top with feta & herbs