Chili Pepper Wings
Sticky, spicy, sweet & salty. These are our go-to weekday wings using our Chili Pepper jam; already packed with ginger root, garlic & apple cider vinegar you use the jam for a marinade & glaze.
- 4 tbs Honey
- 1/2c Chili Pepper Jam
- 1/2c tamari (or soy sauce)
- 6 garlic gloves, crushed
- 2 tbs minced fresh ginger
- Juice from 2 lime (~2tbs)
- 6 tbs sesame oil
- 3 lb of free-range, organic chicken wings
- sliced scallions to serve
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, and toss chicken to coat. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, best is 2 hours.
- Remove wings and reserve marinade in bowl.
2 ways to cook:
Grill - over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Baste with excess marinade. Turn again for another 8-10 mins, brushing with glaze as you go.
Bake - in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Baste with excess marinade. Turn again for another 10 mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve immediately, garnish with fresh scallions & sesame seeds.