Lemon Saffron Lamb
The perfect Easter recipe that you can make ahead of time. Full of flavor and super easy; let yourself get creative with what fresh greens & vegetables you serve this with.
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ jar of Lemon Saffron Marmalade
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped rosemary
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped thyme
- 1 Tbsp harissa spice blend **
- 1.5lb boneless leg of lamb
- 2tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Whole wheat pita
- Quark )or Greek yogurt)
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Sliced onions, parsley pesto & peppers
- Whisk together all ingredients, rub over lamb coating well.
- Allow to marinate for 2 + hours, covered in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 330F.
- Preheat a lidded casserole over medium heat with 2tbs of olive oil.
- Add the lamb to the hot casserole pan. sear on all sides 2-3 minutes until brown & comes free from the pan without resistance.
- Cover the casserole & place in oven along with 1 cup of chicken stock.
- Allow to braise for 2-3 hours, depending on your preference.
- Allow the lamb to cook slightly then shred with a fork, allowing to sit in any juices left in the pan.
- Spread a layer of quark on your pita, top with lamb, pesto & onions as desired. Feel free to get creative here; sliced peppers & preserved lemons work great here as well.
* We used NYShuk classic harrisa blend & highly recommend it.