Chocolate Cherry Chai Tart
Wonderfully rich, creamy & complex this tart is an instant fan favorite. It starts with a dark chocolate shell, add a bonus layer of decadent ganache then silky panna cotta & well, cherry on top! Our Cherry Chai jam shines through adding complex flavors of cardamom, cinnamon & bright sour cherries. This show stopper is easier than it looks and so completely worth the time.
Chocolate Tart Shell:
- 55 g powdered sugar
- 165 g butter, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 5 g salt
- 235 g all purpose flour
- 18 g cocoa
Chocolate almond ganache crunch:
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped or as chocolate chips
- 100 g cream
- 75 g toasted sliced almonds
- 2 1/4 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 360 g whole milk, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 240 g heavy cream
- 115 g Greek yogurt
- 50 g sugar
- 1 jar Cherry Chai Jam
Make the Tart Shell:
- Blend butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Add egg yolk and salt and mix until blended.
- Add flour and cocoa to the butter mixture, and mix just until flour disappears.
- Gather the dough into a ball, and roll it out between 2 parchment sheets into a 1/8" thick layer.Chill the rolled dough for 2+ hours.
- Fit the chilled dough into a 10" fluted tart pan and trim the edges. Freeze the tart shell until the dough is solid.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line the frozen tart shell with foil or parchment paper, and fill with baking beads/beans. Bake the lined tart for 25 minutes.
- Remove the lining from the parbaked shell, and return to the oven for another 10 minutes. Let cool completely in the tart pan.
Make Ganache Crunch:
- Place chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat cream until simmering. Pour cream over chocolate and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Stir with a rubber spatula until smooth and combined. Stir almonds into ganache.
- Pour ganache into tart shell, smooth with a spoon or spatula, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
Make Panna Cotta:
- Bloom the gelatin in 1/4 cup of milk. When softened (about 10-15 minutes), add another cup of milk, half of the sugar and the salt to a saucepan.
- Heat until steaming to dissolve sugar and gelatin (do not bring to a boil).
- Strain gelatin mixture into the remaining cold milk.
- In a stainless steel bowl, whip heavy cream and the other half of the sugar until thickened and whisk leaves tracks in the cream. You don't even have to get it to soft peaks, but do make sure it has thickened some.
- Whisk everything together thoroughly and strain again. At this point your mixture should be pretty thick, which is what we're going for. If your mixture still seems a little thin to you, whisk it over an ice bath until it thickens enough to suspend the vanilla specks.
- Pour into tart shell and let set in freezer on a flat surface.
- Once panna cotta is set, spread 1 full jar of BRINS Cherry Chai Jam over the top.
- Top with fresh cherries before serving. Keep chilled.