Lemon Saffron Poppyseed Pancakes
We make a quick Lemon Saffron syrup to bring out the flavors of our wholegrain pancakes with poppyseeds. The pancakes are full of flavor on their own but really shine when you add this spectacularly easy & impressive saffron syrup. Breakfast on another level!
Makes 6 pancakes
For the pancakes:
- 1 1/3 cups whole wheat pastry flour (or 1 cup whole wheat with ⅓ cup AP)
- 2 tablespoons corn meal
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3 ½ teaspoons buckwheat, oat flour or any flavor specialty flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Vegetable oil
For the syrup:
- ½ cup Lemon Saffron Marmalade
- 4 to 6 tablespoons hot water
- You will need one whisk, one bowl, and all of your dry ingredients in it. Now whip it like you mean it.
- Next, add liquids.
- Get your skillet hot and oiled. Pour the batter. Wait for bubbles. Flip. Stack. Repeat.
- Stacks aside, you’ll need some sauce.
Make syrup in a separate bowl:
- Add together Lemon Saffron Marmalade with hot water in a bowl, whisk to your liking.
- Pour over pancakes and enjoy!