Chili Pepper Larb Gai
This is our favorite go to gluten free dish & made with our Chili Pepper Jam too! Its ingredients list may look long but its quick, easy and we have yet to meet anyone who doesn't fall in love instantly!
- 1 pound of organic, free range boneless chicken thighs, ground in a food processor
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ bunch of cilantro chopped
- ½ bunch of mint leaves, torn
- 1 handful of peanuts, chopped
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 3 heaping Tbs Chili Pepper Jam
- 1 Carrot, sliced with a mandolin or peeler
- ½ red onion grated on a mandolin
- 1tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Iceberg lettuce leaves "cups" to serve
- Toast peanuts in saucepan with salt and chili flakes, set aside
- Cook minced chicken in a pan with olive oil, the crushed garlic, and salt and pepper, over medium heat until cooked through. Break up with a wooden spoon as you go. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Once chicken is cooled, Toss with the mint leaves, cilantro, peanuts, spring onion (scallions), grated red onion, lime juice, grated carrot and Chili Pepper Jam (add more jam to taste) & toasted sesame oil if using.
- Serve with lettuce leaves to eat!